Bugs and Problems
This page describes known problems with the latest version of WebbIE and other programs available from this site. If you encounter any problems that are not on this list do please Contact us and report any problems.
Please always try getting the latest version or we can't help you with your problem, because it may be a problem we have fixed and we can't go back to previous versions. Bugs that are fixed disappear from the list: if you have any queries, do contact me.
You should always keep your computer up-to-date by running Windows Update regularly, and turning on automatic updates, and leaving your computer on overnight once a week.
- Some pages don't load properly in WebbIE
- Some users have reported having problems with WebbIE not displaying pages: the pages load in the Internet Explorer view, but nothing appears in the WebbIE text view. This was a problem with older versions of WebbIE, but is believed to be fixed in the latest version. You can try pressing Escape (stop navigating) or Reload (Control and R), either of which may kick WebbIE into displaying the page.
- WebbIE crashes!
- WebbIE is really pretty stable, but I noticed some problems with the old, deprecated Microsoft Java Virtual Machine installed on my Vista machine. Uninstall this (Microsoft no longer supports it) and restart your machine.
- You may also try updating Internet Explorer.
- WebbIE runs but no pages load, or RSS News Reader produces no news, or Radio plays nothing, or BBC Listen Again shows no programs.
- If you have a firewall or other security software, like an antivirus program, it may be blocking WebbIE and the Accessible programs. See How to configure your firewall to work with WebbIE and the Accessible programs.